Wednesday 9 April 2008

Holibobs

Have got four rows of spuds in - mixed row of Emerald Vale and Homeguard, Desiree, Maris Bard and Red Duke of York. I am trying the 1st, MC, 2nd, 1st, MC, 2nd sequence I was trialling last year but did not complete due to blight. Trouble is they are predicting a milder than average, wetter than average summer so blight may be an issue again.

I have now got all my onions in - including the Stuttgarter Giant that my Dad gave me. I have left gaps in the onions for carrots which I am going to broadcast sow this year to avoid thinning.

To brighten up my blog, here are some pics:









This is the pond I have not got. It is teeming with life. I have tadpoles and also look to have dragon fly larvae which I am especially pleased about.













On the left of this one are my overwintering onions (Radar) and on the right, my garlic. Strangely enough, the garlic in the middle of the picture is exactly the same variety as the garlic on the right and was sown earlier. The beer cans are for putting on the end of canes by the way. I have not drunk them then left the tins lying about.

No comments: