Sunday 6 April 2008

Brrrrrrrrr - tis supposed to be April but it bodes well for the summer.

Put in the first row of spuds today. Only about seven more to go. It started to snow as I was putting them in which is a first. Also, planted out my first lot of spring sown broad beans (Masterpiece Green Longpod) and have sown some more in the pots at home. My leeks are looking very sad. My chillis are a disaster - lost all my habaneros and my hot lemons (which I love) - too late to sow more I think. I have also lost all my Aubergines. My tomatoes are getting to the stage where they need pricking out as are most of the brassicas. The Evesham sprouts are a bit sluggish at germinating - I hope the seed is OK but it is far from being too late if not. My Gypsy peppers have now germinated and that is the last of the packet so it will be non-F1 (the Gypsies were a present) from Real Seeds for me next year.

No comments: