Sunday 23 March 2008

Not been here for ages.

Since my last blog, I have dug a fair amount of my potato bed, dug an area for sprouts and got my shallots in. I have at last started sowing. Chilis and aubergines were done a couple of weeks ago and have now been pricked out into cells. Tomatoes were sown today. I have 15 celeriac on the go and some lettuce was recently sown and now needs to be pricked out into cells. I am seriously short of windowsills and do not have a heated greenhouse so I am delaying most of my sowing until the weather improves. I have now finished this year's parsnips and have two waiting to go to seed. Sprouts are jsut about finished and I have to dig my few remaining leeks before they go over.

I am trying New Horizon peat free compost this year as I was disappointed with quality of the Focus one last year.

Not been up the plot this weekend as the weather has just been too bad. Hopefully, I will get my maincrop onions in next week. So far the weather forecast for next weekend is quite promising.

No comments: