Sunday 17 June 2007

Would you like broad beans with that?

One of the best gluts of the year is upon us. For the third week in a row, I have come home with a sack full of beans. For two weeks before that I was having small harvest. Can do loads with Fava beans though - handy as cos of the rain all week, some have got a little big so need something bit different doing to them. Am going to make Fava bean puree later.

Now have thirty tomato plants in, 6 sweet peppers, dwarf borlottis, French beans, and what Runners I have in at the plot. I have station sown more runners to make up for the pitiful germination rate I had at home. Did I say I have about 16 hot chillis at the plot so should not run out this year.

And, having just pulled an overwintering onion - I can say that I was self-sufficient in onions last year as I put six smallish maincrop onions from last year in the Lentil soup I made yesterday.

No comments: