Monday 14 May 2007

^&£$ it!!!!! :o(

Picture it...

Saturday evening, t'ad been on me mind all day. Did a web search for Norths Lincoln Horticultural Society to find out when their sale was on cos that was where I got me riduculously cheap rootrainers from last year and, yes, you've guessed it - that bloody morning!!!!!!! Oh well, plan B - "borrow" the rootrainer that the Woodland Trust sent me at school a couple of weeks ago with a load of Sliver Birch seed mixed in compost!!!! D'ya think anybody'll notice? Or I could gate crash the NLHS shop and pretend I am a member.

3 comments:

terrace max said...

Must confess - I've never seen a root trainer. Are they any better than a bog roll? (For long-rooted plants, rather than wiping yer ar*e, obviously)

redimp said...

Never had much luck with the bog roll but that was in the impatient days when I would sow everything then have to wait too long to get in the ground. Bog roll by then was soggy and fell apart. I may do my second sowing into bog roll as I am much more patient these days.

Rootrainers are good though. When you open them up, all the roots have been trained by the grooves straight downwards, and cos you open them, there is less root disturbance - until you try and squash them in a too small hole that is :oD

terrace max said...

>that was in the impatient days when I would sow everything then have to wait too long to get in the ground<

I still get this bit wrong. It should be simple to avoid, but I always seem to have plants standing around too long in pots :<(

I might try root trainers next year, this year I've blown the budget on new pots...